J. Scott Burns | Founding Shareholder
J. Scott Burns is a Board Certified Real Estate Law Specialist with a practice area emphasizing: the acquisition and disposition of commercial and industrial properties, title review, landlord tenant issues, commercial lease negotiations, quiet title litigation, boundary disputes, corporate formations, governance and related matters.
Mr. Burns’ practice also includes estate planning, business succession planning, asset protection, and probate administration.
In addition, Mr. Burns is the designated broker and legal counsel for J. S. Burns Real Estate, a full service real estate brokerage firm.
Professional Recognitions and Awards
- AV Rated (5.0) – Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated
- Southwest Super Lawyer Recipient
- Phoenix Magazine Top Lawyers
- AZ Finest Lawyers
- Representation of clients in the acquisition, disposition, and financing of real estate and corporate transactions in excess of one billion dollars.
- Representation of Arizona’s largest SBA Premier Certified 504 Lender in connection with commercial loan transactions.
- Representation of a national title insurance company as outside legal counsel in escrow litigation and title policy litigation throughout Arizona, including the successful defense of a $64,000,000 escrow claim.
- Representation of a large regional retail company with 24 locations in Arizona and New Mexico in connection with its commercial leases and employment issues.
- Representation of licensees before the Arizona Department of Real Estate Disciplinary Board.
- Representation of the City of Goodyear, Arizona as its legal counsel in its municipal issues from 1976 to 1990.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of Arizona
- Real Estate Section
- Probate & Trust Section
- Arizona State Bar Board of Legal Specialization – Real Estate Law (1986-present)
- State Bar of Arizona Specialization Exam Committee – Real Estate Law
- State Bar of Arizona Disciplinary Committee – Volunteer Counsel
- State Bar of Arizona, Young Lawyer Executive Council
- Arizona Department of Real Estate, Broker (1986-present)
- SBA 504 Loan National Association of Development Companies Certification
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- The Thunderbirds
- St Luke’s Hospital, Luke’s Men, Hon Kachina Awards Program
- Valley of the Sun Kiwanis, Board of Directors
- Arizona Chapter National Committee for the Prevention of Child Abuse – Legal Counsel
- Arizona Major League Alumni – Legal Counsel
- Jazz in Arizona, Inc., Founding Member
- Boy Scouts Troop 401, Assistant Troop Leader (Eagle Scout)