As a 3rd generation Arizona law firm, BURNS AND BURNS, P.C., understands the importance of a strong community. As a result, the attorneys at BURNS AND BURNS, P.C. are actively involved in community service organizations located throughout the Valley.
- Since 1990, Mr. J. Scott Burns has been a member of The Thunderbirds, a local based charity that sponsors the Phoenix Open, a golf tournament, which raises several million dollars annually for Arizona based youth charities.
- Served as a member of the Board of Directors of Christian Athletes Ministries.
- Served as a member of the Board of Directors of St. Luke’s Hospital Luke’s Men.
- Served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Valley of the Sun Kiwanis Club.
- Served as Assistant Troop Leader for Boy Scouts of America-Troop 401 (Eagle Scout)
- Founding legal counsel for the Arizona Chapter of The National Committee for Prevention of Child Abuse.
- Founding legal counsel for Jazz in Arizona, Inc.
- Legal counsel for the Arizona Major League Alumni Association.